Is this the real reason iPhone X is delayed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rayban, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Rayban macrumors 6502

Rayban

Just noticed this in the extra info spot at the bottom of the iPhone X store page:

Also notice it says "Phone X".

2. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

I noticed that last night, too.

But didn't want to bring it up here as it would have squashed all the conspiracy theories of Apple artificially limiting supply to inflate prices and create hype for their product.

Those threads are entertaining.

3. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

It says iPhone X.

"iPhone X has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

4. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

This only confirms the phone was rushed.

5. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Or they decided to/had to make a late change to the design which required re-certification.

6. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Want to expand on that?

It could be because it's a new model for Apple that needs FCC approval.

7. Rayban thread starter macrumors 6502

Rayban

Strange. It says Phone X when looking at it on my phone.

8. snatefinch macrumors member

I believe the supply issues are the real reason for the delay and if they do not have the authorization from the FCC yet it is because there is still over a month before it is released. There are other priorities right now.

9. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

This is not the reason. Every phone has to get FCC approval, this is just a formality really.

10. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

In articles regarding that disclaimer they claim it was done with the original iPhone as well to limit knowledge of the phone going into mass production. Obviously we saw many leaks and knew what it was going to be but that is one of the theories.

11. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

I doubt it's a conspiracy, but I did hear it's in beta testing by Bigfoot as we speak. The Grey's signed off on it last week.

12. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

iPhone 7 didn't receive FCC certification until after September 1, 2016.

The FCC certification process takes only 1-2 weeks. Or even faster if you have money and use an accredited laboratory. Do we doubt Apple has money?

The delay is entirely Apple's own doing.

13. budhardy macrumors newbie

budhardy

For me, having production delays on a product that's wanted by so many people, especially with a high price tag, shows me how they really feel about their customers. I mean, so many companies similar to Apple go the distance for their customers since they are the ones who are paying the companies' bills and keeping them in business . I consulted with a few financial friends of mine who are directors at corporations in DC and they said usually a company delays a product on purpose for a marketing scheme to further their product getting bought over months at a time instead of a week.

It makes sense for finances but Apple won't tell us either way. I just hope I get my iPhone x in the first week or two. I'm ordering through carrier, so I'm sure I won't get mine til' after xmas.

14. fathergll macrumors 65816

Exactly. This isn't rocket science. Apple didn't have a deal with Samsung to manufacture OLED displays until earlier this year. Apple knew all along that they couldn't meet the demands for the X so they came up with an idea to release the 8 which is basically a 7S in order to buy them time to November shipping and take away some of the pressure of the X.

15. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Can every phone get FCC approval months ahead of release?

16. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

They can, a lot of phones get FCC cleared days before release.

17. omihek macrumors 6502

omihek

Who said it's being delayed? Apple website still says pre-orders start October 27 and release date is November 3 just like they originally announced at their event. They're not delaying anything.

18. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

19. budhardy macrumors newbie

budhardy

I meant that the iPhone x will be delayed in arrived at your door or to the store your oder it from, since they can't meet the demand