Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anarchysoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
...to post a blurb about a new shareware application we just released? If not, would someone recommend the one to do so at? Thanks a million! :)
Cheers,
Dominic
Anarchysoft

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
I personally see no problem with it at all as long as it is a hey, we developed this cool new application please check it out and full disclosure that you are behind it. I also don't see it being an issue to recommend it if someone has posted a directly related question and it serves that need. If there is a prob I am sure a moderate will say something and if there is a bigger problem sow you made a good faith effort by directing them to this link. Just my views as a forum member.

WildCowboy, do you think there is a difference between direct advertising and general promotion, I was talking about the latter, but am curious. By the way hopefully your little airport issue didn't diminish my fair city.

anarchysoft

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
Thanks WildCowboy and Aniej. :) We honestly can't afford any advertising right now, though we'd love to in the future. I'd like to get the word out about it, but I'd like to do it where people would want to read about it and not where I would be spamming.

Cheers,
Dominic
Anarchysoft

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.