Is this the right time to upgrade to Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hajime, Dec 23, 2009.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello. I am using a santa rosa MBP. Will send back to Apple after the holiday to have a look on issue related to the video. I recall that there were a few issues related to Snow Leopard when it came out. What is the latest version? Have those issues been fixed in this version? I wonder if this is a good time to upgrade the OS. For your information, my MBP has 4GB RAM. It is running OS 10.5.7. I use both Bootcamp and VMWare Fusion 3.0. I wonder if there will be big performance increase if I upgrade the OS. Thanks.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Like any OS being released there were a few (keyword few), most if not all have been ironed out. Upgrade, there's no reason at this stage to hold off.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the replies. With my hardware configurations, will there be noticeable improvements in performance? I heard that santa rosa MBP (summer 2007 models) have 64-bit support. If I upgrade the OS, will the performance of Vmware Fusion 3 be improved as well? Just before Snow Leopard was released, some in this forum predicted that SL might increase Nvidia's GPU failures. In reality, does it?