Is this the time to buy????

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TopGear300, Feb 17, 2008.

1. TopGear300 macrumors regular

TopGear300

Hello!

So I won :D this sweet iPod nano at a golf tournament just a week ago and opened it up today!! Im actually not liking it too much just because it is too small! I feel like I'm going to snap it in half... hence where the iPod touch comes into play. Called my local :apple: store and they said they would take it back with a 10% restocking fee. (Ugg fine)

My question comes to you guys if you have heard that :apple: is dropping the 8gb model and making the 16gb $299 and 32gb $399? Is this true and when is it going to happen? I plan on returning for the touch tomorrow so its probablly to late but I still am curious for your input and can educate other potential iPod touch owners!

THANKS!!

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

If anyone knew more than what you know, we wouldn't be telling you. At least not if that person wanted to keep his/her job. The price drop will happen eventually, but probably not for a long while. Feel free to buy now.

3. kaenai macrumors newbie

If Apple drops the price of an item within 14 days after you purchase it, they will refund the difference, minus that stocking fee. So, depending on the cost of the item, you might make out all right. :)

Other stores have a similar deal (e.g., Best Buy does it within 30 days - for only certain items; I think iPod is one of them).

4. TopGear300 thread starter macrumors regular

TopGear300

Hmm ok guys thanks for getting back to me so quick!!

Just wondering what you would do if you were in my situation??

ANYONE else have any advice?

5. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

Well, im kinda in your situation. I have been waiting for an Ipod touch, i have other ipods but i would rather have a touch for all its extra features so i think i will wait at least until the SDK is released, and see if anything comes from that.

If i were you i would return the Nano while you can (if you dont want to keep it and just buy a Touch, cause a nano is extremely useful if you exercise) and get the money and wait. If you dont 'need' it for the next couple weeks i would say hold off, because 100$ is the difference between the 8gb and 16gb and it would suck to miss the 14 days by like 2 days....

Im waiting. I dont need it now, so its still hard, but i think i can manage.

6. tonyshucraft macrumors regular

if I had that option when i got the ipod touch(well if the 32 gig was out) I'd get 32 gigs of touch. I'd seriously consider that(32 gigs for the cost of 4 times less?)

7. fandsw macrumors regular

I don't see the touch being reduced in price in the next couple of months, they just came out with the 32GB model less than 3 weeks ago. Late Spring maybe.....

8. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Late Spring, early summer, maybe back-to-school.

I ought to count of threads similar to this one.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

It probably won't be updated until after the back-to-school promo is over, at the earliest.

10. TopGear300 thread starter macrumors regular

TopGear300

OK thanks guys!!

I did get the touch today ( went for the 8gb) but still Im glad I was able to spark up this discussion! Keep going for others in the same boat. Its a tough call whether to buy now or wait. I realized for what I was using it for (mail and notes, and just a little music and videos) I didnt need to go bigger. It would have been nice to get a bigger one for a better price but since there has been no major upgrade to the touch since launch, im happy.

ANYONE want to shout out somethings that they think is comming to the touch??

A camera would be schweet!! :D :D

Who knows... there maybe a day when Voice/IP is improved majorly and the touch can do that... then bye bye iPhone mwahahaha (yea that will be the day)

11. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

ohh mann a camera would be sweet to have i think thats about it short of a voip phone for it...