Is this time to buy 4K monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, Jul 24, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

I am using 17" MBP 2010 which is not compatible with 4K monitor. I have been waiting for the upcoming MBP before I buy a new monitor. However, it is still not available. What suggestion do you have?

2. kohlson macrumors 6502a

Like all things technology, it will get less expensive over time. Barring unstated circumstances, you would do better to wait until you have a computer that can drive a 4K monitor before buying one. Unless, of course, you just want to buy something.

3. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

Wait some more, if you can.
    At some point, Apple will have 5k display capability throughout their entire lineup. Maybe even a suitable TB-display.
    Then is the time to buy and you sit back and relax while you wait for 8k displays.
    4k is really just a stepping-stone.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Do you think it will happen this year? After watching a new 65" 4K TV at home for a few days, I found the image quality of a HD TV (bought at the same time) poor.

5. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

Hajimeます I'm currently waiting for 4K IPS displays to lower their prices. I'm interested in IPS for photography and typography work. Also I prefer the most pixel dense monitors, so I won't be getting a 30-something-inch display. I'll be getting one of these brands; LG, Samsung, AOC, Dell. Right now, I'm alright having retina display only on the iPad Air. I'll wait.