is this too bad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hoon2999, Apr 18, 2012.

1. hoon2999 macrumors regular

ok i finally received my new iPad because old one had light-bleeding issues.
    (they sent me a new retail version instead of cardboard box ones. i guess its because of engravings)
    i been testing screens and found 0 light-bleedings or dead pixels.
    but now i have pink/green tints problems.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what do you guys think? :(

EDIT:
    the image that i tested with is a solid black color image.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It's terrible.

If your intent is to stare at a dark image in a dark room all day. Otherwise it's fine.

3. Rjohnny macrumors newbie

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

As one of the more vocal complainers about the iPad 3, I feel fairly qualified to say PEOPLE NEED TO STOP LOOKING AT BLACK SCREENS IN THE DARK AT OBLIQUE ANGLES. The ipad was not designed to be used or held up to scrutiny under these conditions. You will drive yourself crazy.

5. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

It's known a light refraction. At what point during normal use are you planning to stare at a black screen at full brightness in a dark room at a ridiculous angle.

How's it look at normal brightness in an average room, while browsing the web or watching a film? if you notice an issue during NORMAL use, then yeah it's a problem.

you don't buy a car and complain when you can't drive it sideways while sitting upside down.

6. WestonHarvey1 macrumors 68020

Agreed. This is a silly test. There are a few features of all LCD panels that are not actually defects, they're just suboptimal quirks that we have to live with as long as they are the state of the art.

Worry about what the panel looks like when you are actually using it. If your whites are yellow, pink or green at a normal angle, take it back.

Excessive light leakage, dead pixels, or noticeable debris under the glass, take it back.

7. rz-jacks macrumors member

do the same thing with every lcd monitor you can get your hands on and let us know how that goes :rolleyes:

8. Dkorda macrumors 6502

9. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Unless that's the way you are going to use it, black screen in a dark room, keep and enjoy.