Is this video true?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by intempo808, Dec 6, 2007.

1. intempo808 macrumors regular

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

that guys just really angry because his wife divorced him and he lost his kids to her. let him go

3. 119576 Guest

#10 - Lie
    #9 - No longer true
    #8 - Not true
    #7 - Not true
    #6 - You have to authorise certain things on any operating system
    #5 - Well, you can't really upgrade a Mac very much (in terms of hardware)
    #4 - Lie
    #3 - iMovie IS better.
    #2 - Vista is more 'popular' because people have come to be comfortable with Windows, and a lot of people cannot 'afford' a Mac.
    #1 - In my experience, my Mac has a lot less problems than my PC. Also; Macs can't get any viruses.

#0 - IT'S MARKETING.

4. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Did the guy who made the video ever actually watch any of the Mac Vs. Pc ads?

I would quote Michael Winner here, but most people wouldn't get the reference, and he's an annoying old git anyway ;)

5. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

lie 1 : mine came with trials but not installed just an option :) and they dont pop up every 10 seconds

2: doesmt say only macs have em and there very handy :)

3: i work does do it very very well and wondows is a lot more office orientated

4: imovie is kicks movie makeers ass

5: it aint a lie they do run office :S

6: how are these lies :S vista is anoying like taht! os x can also be a bit annoyin at times

7: you dont need to upgrade hardware leopard will run on a 10yr old mac but vista need 2 cores and 2gb to run well

8: lol wow it has some fee games :S

9: it is better

10: there4 are more pcs so obv it will outsell it

11: there are so much safer

i did 1 twice i think :S

what a loada bull ****!

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

That was the funniest video I have ever watched a Mac hater post on YouTube.

Microsoft "shipped" 40 million copies of Vista, they were not actually "bought" by the consumer. Those units were installed on machines that were distributed to retail outlets. This was already confirmed and proven when Microsoft reported it's numbers so that was BS.

iWork, MS Office, Aperture is what you generally get on a Mac. One of those trial softwares will be used unlike all the bloated crap that's on PC's. On PC's you get Corel Paintshop Pro, Roxio Creator and useless trial games with links that force you to surf to the website to even try them. Sony PC's come with 4GB of movies preinstalled that you can't even view unless you pay for them leaving you no choice but to remove them to get the disk space back.

There are no known viruses on Mac. Period. That YouTube poster wishes it was. He prefers to blame the lack of viruses on low market share and just shuns the idea that Unix can't be why Mac OS X is secure.

Nobody uses Windows Media Player. LOL. You can't even use with it the Zune. What does that tell you? LOL.

Apple is not lying on those commercials but what they are doing is emphasizing what Windows lacks.

The best part of the video is when he mentions viruses saying if a person is careful not to download from certain websites then Windows won't get viruses. Well since there's no known Mac viruses then I can safely download from any site on my Mac, I don't have to worry about being careful.

People have to really pay close attention to the ads. Apple does not state that Macs don't crash. The ads are to focus on the problem that Windows users have and to let them know that there are better alternatives.