Is this water damage on my iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Monstar, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Monstar macrumors newbie

Hi, just purchased a iPhone from some guy on facebook, everything seemed fine until I got home and it looks like there's water damage on my screen, however the sensors inside the phone aren't red.

Is the guy replaced the original screen with a water damaged screen? The guy said he "had no idea" and he will give me my money back tomorrow so it doesn't make a difference but if it's fixable it would mean me not travelling another 25 miles to the guy.

[​IMG]

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Sure looks like a water damaged screen. Maybe it's a cheap 3rd party screen replacement?

3. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

That either looks like water damage or possibly the screen is of lower quality? I've seen that exact pattern on some of the cheaper Android screen replacements. Don't know why though.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, either way I'd return it if possible or wouldn't even have bought it in the first place.

5. JasminBarby macrumors newbie

You'd better return it and find a new one, there would be another better choice waiting for you:D