Is this what happened in the past??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slayerming2, Sep 12, 2014.

1. slayerming2 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Like many of you I'm sure I'm one of those people that woke up at 3:00 a.m to get one of those new iphone 6 plus. I ordered it of AT&T's website. This is my first time getting a new iphone since the 4s and I got that well into the iphone 4s's life. So I thought rather foolishly that I might be able to get my iphone 6 plus by the 19th when it comes out. Well that's clearly not the case, I shortly afterwards got a mail from AT&T telling me that the phone will actually ship in 21-28 business days....

So based of what happenend with previous years with the 5s and 5, will I actually have to wait 21-28 days or will the phone come to me a bit sooner?
    Thanks!

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

It's a cluster of confusion every year, and none of us really know anything more than anyone else about stock and so on. Some people have heard this, some have heard that.

Your phone could come sooner, and I'm sure it could come later.

3. Dabearfan101 macrumors newbie

Last year I placed an order for the 32gb gold iphone 5s at&t on the apple store. I ordered it September 25th and they shipped it out on October 25.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Your phone will most likely come sooner than 21 business days.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Another factor to consider is Apple may not know itself exactly how many phones beyond XXX they will have. The factories are still producing daily, and when they hit a cutoff time to make delivery to the States in time for launch day, there will be some delivery time modifications.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've pre-ordered a couple times and never had this much trouble. Sure, it was slow and buggy but 30-45 minutes and I was set.. back in bed... this year was a total mess even compared to the messes of previous years IMHO.

:apple:

7. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Ive ordered two phone from at&t and they are always right on the money with their delivery times.