Is this wise

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Mar 5, 2008.

  1. daneoni macrumors G4


    Mar 24, 2006
    So i have a 4GB iPhone Unlocked & JB running 1.1.4. However i've been thinking lately especially after the 1.1.4 that the 4GB capacity might no longer be sufficient.

    Right now i've had to drastically shrink my music size down (which is a good thing in that i only carry what songs i need) and have minimal photos & 1 or 2 videos. I'd ideally like to carry some more stuff and with SDK looming i might even need more space to accommodate apps. Right now i have about 200Mmb free.

    I'm considering selling my 4GB model and getting a 8GB or even 16GB depending on how much i get for the 4GB. However since i'll be unlocking again and hence voiding my warranty i'm kinda scared.

    The 4GB has been flawless and resilient & pristine thus far despite many drops and has given me no issues. I'm thinking i should hold on to it especially considering the fact that i don't have the luxury of getting one replaced should i have problems. Also the 4GB is kind of a collectors item like the 5GB original iPod.

    Also the 3G iPhone is around the corner so it might be wise to wait for that ( i plan to go legit). Also the new Bootloader that comes with newer phones seem to hamper any form of modication and therefore there may be issues down the line with software updates

    So what do you guys think, sell the 4GB and get one with more capacity or just sit tight and wait for 3G??
  2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

    Jun 5, 2007
    i'd wait for 3g... assume how much you'd get for it, put the money you would have spent on a new one away, and when the next phone comes out use that to get a new one.

    the 4gb isn't a collectors item... it's the exact same thing as the 8 and 16gb versions and theres millions of them out there ;)
  3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4


    Mar 24, 2006
    Yeah i suppose.

    When i mean collectors item i mean it cant be bought from a retailer anymore
  4. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

    Jan 13, 2008
    Upstate NY
    That's called obsolecence. ;)

    I'd enjoy your 4GB now, and upgrade when the 3G ones are released.
  5. knoxtown macrumors 6502

    Nov 19, 2007
    If you already have the 4gig and are happy with it, wait for 3g.

Share This Page