Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
4 months is not "recent".

You're arguing really silly semantics here without looking at actual dates. There was a long lead time from when they were announced/available for order to when they were shipping in volume.

Mark D

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
This has turned out really great. I was shipped a replacement refurbished model OVERNIGHT (from California to Kentucky, over 2,000 miles) plus all the postage to ship the other one back, and I didn't pay a penny extra. The replacement has a small dent on the bottom of the arm but the monitor is intact so I'm going to keep it. Moreover, it actually came preinstalled with Mountain Lion, which I found pretty surprising. I got an amazing computer in near perfect condition with the brand new OS and saved $200 - pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Lynn Belvedere

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Okay, I was told verbally over the phone that they're giving me a return for replacement. It's been 23 hours and still no confirmation email or change in my order status on the store. They said within 24 hrs so it looks like I might still have to deal with them a little more but I think the exchange is going to work.

I think you're right. I went in to return it the other day, but I couldn't because because refurbs must be shipped back. But they looked at the screen while I was there and when I got home I found out they didn't put the keyboard and mouse back in the box! I had to go get them today. That could have been very costly.

I was going to suggest calling apple and asking for a new model to replace your refurb, but it looks like your situation has been resolved.

jollino

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
Chieti, Italy
Very happy for you that you solved this, however it's making me reconsider the idea of just getting a 2011 refurb and save €179. The nearest apple store is 200 km (125 mi) away from me, and given the mess that they did when my replacement iPhone had to be replaced again... and again as they shipped me a faulty one... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.