Is this worth replacing?? Light Leak!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRiseofTheFal, Aug 23, 2008.

1. TheRiseofTheFal macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

I know there are countless threads on this but I wanted to add my own pictures and get a response. I've attached two pictures of my phone with light bleeding through the back left and right. The right has a little, but the left is nearly the WHOLE phone

Attached Files:

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

From what I've read. The back isn't a problem as light shines through the back plate and that is normal.

However, the light leak from the side is apparently an issue for some, myself included.

3. kracker macrumors member

If it bothers you then I would get it replaced. You should be happy with your purchase.

4. The General macrumors 601

The replacement will do the exact same thing. There is no shielding in the case that blocks light from traveling through the plastic backing.

The replacement will ALSO not have any shielding. This is not the "light leak" that people are referring too.

5. kracker macrumors member

Must be the white ones only because mine is fine. No light shining through...

6. dimitri92 macrumors newbie

No it's not defective, it's normal

and if light does come out does it really matter??

7. silbeej macrumors 6502a

It is because the white plastic doesn't stop the light as well as the black or the aluminum one did.

8. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I have a white one and mine dosen't seem to do that. I would take it back if it bothers you.