Is Toast 9 Worth $79?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scottharwell, Jun 3, 2008.

1. scottharwell macrumors newbie

I've got Toast 8. It does everything I need it to do. I can't see any justification in getting version 9, but I wanted to see what some of the other experiences out there are. Anyone happy with Toast 9 over Toast 8 to the point that I should buy it???

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I have the same question. I am very interested in hearing everyone's response to this.

3. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

No, I still use toast 7.

cd and dvd burning, even dvd dl was pretty much perfected, about as much as you could with toast 7 or 8.
    I also don't think their dvd compression engine has changed much either.
    Wait for toast 10, after apple releases blue ray drives. Then start looking for newer and better versions of toast.

4. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

If you cant justify it, don't buy it. If Toast 8 does everything for you, keep it.

5. vuMac macrumors newbie

i heard somewhere that in newer versions of toast ( 8 and 9 ) there are mechanisms to block certain files from being burned, and that 7 had no such restrictions. can anyone confirm?

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

If you, like I, have version 8 and am quite happy with it, I personally don't see the logic in changing it (and spending extra cash! :()

7. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

If you have version 7 or 8, perhaps not. But if you have nothing then YES.