Is Today A Good Day to BUY MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by wnxgenral, Jun 18, 2008.

  1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

    May 14, 2008
    So I'm in LOVE with this notebook... I plan on picking up the 1.6/HDD version. I'm buying this laptop to use as my primary computer for college schoolwork... (Quad Core, 8800x2, 4GB, Vista/XP, 1TB HD) is in the dorm. Should I buy now? Or wait up until late July/August maybe to see if MBP gets a revision and becomes just a little bit smaller so I can purchase it? What do you guys think? I know its slim but is it smart to wait another month to buy this thing... cause potentially nothing could change?
  2. stagi macrumors 65816


    Feb 18, 2006
  3. tersono macrumors 68000


    Jan 18, 2005
    ANY day is a good day to buy an MBA :D

    Seriously, though, it's easy to wait for the next big thing - unfortunately, as there's always a 'big thing' around the corner, that generally means you don't buy anything ;-)

    Yes, if you don't really need the machine now, waiting until September (a fairly common month for Apple hardware releases) may bring something new and shiny to buy instead. Ultimately, though, it depends on when you need it. I doubt there'll be anything new within the next month, but nobody really knows. Buy it when you need it - whenever you make the jump you can be sure that a: you'll be buying a great machine and b:6 months down the road there will be something better :p. The secret is not minding :D

    (speaking as the owner of an outdated 10-month old 17" MBP, which whilst no longer the latest, is still the best laptop I've ever owned. :) )
  4. Heavenkittykat macrumors regular

    Jan 6, 2008
    Buy it now...

    It's always a good day to buy MBA. And I don't foresee an update until probably MWSF '09 since its a new product. I say go for it!
  5. alphaod macrumors Core


    Feb 9, 2008
    Yesterday was such a great day to buy a Macbook Air!
  6. mixmacface macrumors regular


    Jun 8, 2008
    in the 7th layer of hell.
    i thought so too. . the weather was just perfect.
  7. Goldcard macrumors regular

    Jan 10, 2006
    St. Paul, MN
    I say its a great day to buy today! I did! Just unboxed my new Air! along with my new eyeTV!!!!
  8. Tosser macrumors 68030

    Jan 15, 2008
    Well, if you want one, I'd guess it's as good as yesterday.

    However, Apple still have refurbs, and I have seen the SSD-version for sale in two places around here (Denmark), so it's your call. Is it worth the money? Even if they come with an upgraded one a fortnight?
  9. Benoit macrumors newbie

    Jun 9, 2008
    Why waiting ? If you want a MBP, take one. This is not a question of removing a few inches here and there.. this is a different machine. I bought mine (a 1.8 Ghz/64 SSD) a couple of weeks ago, after a few MBP, PB's (12"), PB (G3° and so on.

    My MBA is a source of daily satisfaction, as no other computer could provide me so far. I added what I think is not far from being the perfect gear to go with it: a Waterfield Razor bag, built with pride in SF, a Quickertech battery extender, a small portable USB hub (only in case of) and this will go any distance...

    So, go for it, the MBA is a special product in the line of great apple achievements, forget the competition, there is nothing for you there...

    Go, Go, Go !
  10. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

    Nov 3, 2007
    Hmm... I had been waiting for June's WWDC. Now that is over and there wasn't an announced upgrade. I need something now as I've got extensive traveling coming up in July. 1.6 is plenty fast for what I do. A larger HD is always nice, but 80gb is plenty, again for what I do. I'm a road warrior that needs database customer access, email and surfing with some Office stuff thrown in. Perfect I also got .Mac so I can upload all my important files for the road. I'm psych'd about Apple getting Exchange email for the iphone and the new features of mobileme.

    We are living in golden times for Apple.
  11. M4CBOOK macrumors regular


    Jun 16, 2008
    Beaumont, TX
    Tomorrow is the perfect day to buy a MBA, its raining.:)
  12. jk1002 macrumors member

    Jun 18, 2008
    I am thinking myself about buying one.

    I don't think the update will wait until next year but September is likely.

    It selling worse then the mini mac at Amazon. place number 26. The SSD version is at 1699, the 1.8 HD version 231.

    I am hoping for a quicker drive, 5400. I don't think we see more diskspace, even the current 5400 drives that Toshiba is offering are too thick for the MBA (8mm versus 5MM in the current MBA). There should be tons of customers out there waiting for an updated version with the hope that all the kinks are sorted.

  13. deputylove8 macrumors regular


    Mar 25, 2008
    in the comfort of my Singapore
    Wanna know what can make yr MBA buying experience more exciting..???

    It's not the's how many you buy..

    So please buy 2 and yup, you can send the other one to me.

    Hehehehehe...Oh mama!:p

Share This Page