Is Toshiba Qosmio better than rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by galaksy, Apr 30, 2014.

1. simsaladimbamba

Your link does not work. Do you by any chance mean the "Toshiba Qosmio X75-A7180 Laptop"?

I just ask, as you used "PSPLTU-0QU04V Toshiba Qosmio X75-A7180 17.3-Inch Laptop" in your Amazon link. And it does not have a 4 K display internally, it supports 4 K displays EXTERNALLY.

Anyway, if that laptop belongs to the same family of Qosmio notebooks, it is better in some regards, and worse in others. You have to find out, what you value in a mobile computer and what not, and then have to decide which one to choose. If you cannot find out your computational needs and values, maybe state, what you want to do with a computer.

Just some aspects, what one can consider: mobility due to weight and size, battery life, trackpad quality, display quality (the MacBook Pro with Retina Display has a better display than the 2010 MBP), keyboard, size and weight (I just repeat that due to the behemoth the Qosmio is), OS, CPU speed, GPU speed, RAM capacity, storage speed and capacity. If you can narrow it down, you have found your notebook.

2. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

A Toshiba Qosmio is practically a desktop in terms of weight and size. If you can carry ~3.7kg (laptop + AC adapter) in a daily basis, ok.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What better? I think OSX is better than Window so does the Toshiba runs OSX?
    Is ferrari better than a pick up truck? Maybe but the pick up truck does more and is cheaper.

Is it really that difficult to ask a proper question? Your question and comparison is irrelevant.

4. ColdCase macrumors 68030