Is Touch ID slower?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Pagemakers, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

On my iPhone 6S Plus I think my Touch ID is slower when logging into apps. E.g. banking apps etc since upgrading to iOS 10.

I'm not talking about unlocking the phone, just apps that use Touch ID. It seems to take fractionally longer to bring up the Touch ID requirement.

Am I imagining it or do you find it too?

2. freepomme macrumors 6502a

Apps? I don't notice anything different. The lock screen though, I think they slowed it back down. It was too fast before.

3. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

My banking apps take a split second longer to display the Touch ID prompt. Maybe it's because they haven't been iOS 10 optimised.

4. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

I have an iPhone 6 and I actually find that Touch ID for unlocking apps is a hair faster than it was prior.

BJ

5. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

I think the unlock has been slowed a little. Even the home button when closing an app has a delay now from the time its pressed until the app starts closing. Maybe its an animation thing but previous betas didn't have this delay.

6. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

The multi-state lock screen I think perhaps slows unlock slightly, perceptually at least. I agree with @boltjames though, in-app it's either a little faster or a dead heat.

7. SDM44 macrumors newbie

SDM44

I have iOS 10 on both my iPhone 6 and iPhone 7, and the touch ID is considerably better & faster on the iPhoe 7.

It actually makes using the feature on my 7 now worth it, whereas I didn't use it that much on my 6 because of the lag it has.

8. Pagemakers thread starter macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

9. raab macrumors member

I've also noticed the touchid prompt to be slower to display in apps compared to iOS 9.

In iOS 9 it was instant, with iOS 10 there's a slight delay.. e.g. authy, lastpass and banking apps

The actual unlock part with the fingerprint is fast, no change there