Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jay72

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2015
Hi could someone please tell me if Trim is now working, or if it can now be enabled using the trim command prompt in terminal in the latest version of High Sierra.
I have a samsung ssd in my iMac but don't want to move to High Sierra if trim is a none starter.
Thanks.

jay72

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2015
Yes, it has been working again as of recent betas.
Thanks for the fast reply.
Do i simply do the terminal command again when i have installed High Sierra
Thanks Donka

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
You may have to since it is a full upgrade but some users reported they didn't have to do anything to enable it after beta 7 I think. Not sure if those users had Apple SSDs or third party drives but at least you know you can enable it with the command if it isn't enabled by default.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I enabled it in an early beta, and it went away at some point, eventually it came back with a recent beta. If you see that its not active, it is a simple process to enable it.

In case you need it, this is the command:

sudo trimforce enable

answer yes to the questions, and wait for reboot.

jay72

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2015
I enabled it in an early beta, and it went away at some point, eventually it came back with a recent beta. If you see that its not active, it is a simple process to enable it.

sudo trimforce enable

Thanks very much guys

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston

sudo trimforce enable

Same as Mike for me. It re-enabled itself a few betas ago. If you forced it some time in the past with High Sierra, it should be enabled when you update.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Didn’t have to use terminal command on my third party SSD. It re-enabled around Beta 7 or 8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.