Is Tune Up much better than ieatbrainz?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NYU02, May 10, 2009.

1. NYU02 macrumors regular

Looking for a software that will fix my songs with no info. Is tune up the way to go?

Any other suggestions?

thanks,
    NYU02

2. waffles123 macrumors regular

DO NOT use TuneUp. It's pain in the butt to uninstall, and it's basically a port of the Window's version. I recommend SongGenie.

3. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

Song Genie!!

It is a pig on disk space... but is really good in the end... and you just gotta love the interface...

It finds song names that no other programme can find!!

J

4. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

Hi i have used tuneup for a while but wondering about other programs. Can songgenie identify foreign music as well? i have a lot of french, german, and russian. =/ tuneup does an OK job. i want to say thanks to it, my 3000-4000 songs are usually 90-92% accurate on all names, and spelling, and artwork.

5. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

I have A LOT of Greek songs. Im wondering if any of these programs would work for them.

6. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

so i tried songgenie after these posts. WOOOOW. 200+ songs unable to find out of 1900. thats pretty bad. switching back to my tuneup.

7. UpDownAeroplane macrumors member

http://musicbrainz.org/doc/PicardDownload

tuneup will probably not even get you the right tracknames. musicbrainz has a HUGE database, even for obscure and rare music. their program (picard) is the one to use.

8. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

i tried picard as well. like i said, tuneup seems the best easiest and fastest.
    if it doesnt find something (in my case 5 songs out of 1900) i shazam them with my iphone, rename in itunes, try again with tuneup, found after that. it searches by tags and also names. oh and picard couldnt find about 170 songs. i have a lot of foreign stuff..