Is turning the battery percentage # on draining my battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by G-Ziss, May 29, 2015.

1. G-Ziss macrumors regular

The other day I was watching a Youtube video that showed tips and tricks with the iphone 6/6+. One of them showed how to always display the battery percentage, the actual number and not just the icon. So I did that, but ever since then, it seems my battery is draining a lot faster than it did before.

Could making one small change like that cause my battery to deplete faster?

2. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

I very very very highly doubt it. Nothing like that would be cause enough for battery draining. If it continues to be a problem restore your phone. Also check the bluetooth, location services, etc.

3. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Perhaps being constantly aware of the battery percentage is causing you to think it is draining faster. I have kept the battery percentage visible on all of my iPhone's for over a year and I'm still getting 12 hours under heavy use and 26+ hours under light use.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's a placebo-like effect basically. Simply showing the battery percentage doesn't use up any noticeable battery power.

5. david91 macrumors regular

6. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

100% this. I'm borderline OCD when it comes to free space on my digital storage devices and battery %. The only way I can enjoy my phone is to turn off the battery % and use my phone - otherwise I fret and worry and think my phone is using battery faster than it should.

Yes, it definitely seems like battery drops like a brick with % on vs battery % off - for me :)

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

One of the best Battery Saving Tips I've been given is to turn Off the Battery % setting ,and just enjoy using the iPhone.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Stop stressing over the battery and enjoy your phone.

9. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Exactly this! I've not used the % in over a year maybe 18 months and no longer worry!