Is TV out for games a possibility for 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yoman, Jun 15, 2009.

1. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

There was an article a while back Link that mentioned the ability of the iphone to transmit video out for games but at a reduced frame rate. Considering that the new Iphone 3G S will have improved hardware, do you guys think it will be possible to make the iphone a portable TV game console?

I think so. :)

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

That would be neat, all we need is a wireless game controller and built in support across all games...

3. yoman thread starter macrumors 6502a

yoman

I guess with the 3.0 Software, some type of wireless dongle could be attached to the iphone port.

The developer community could standardize their games to support the dongle/ controller.

I think this is a real possibility.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What's with the wireless? This would kill your phone so fast it wouldn't be funny.

A much better plan would be a long wire that attaches to a tiny box under your TV. (The size of an iPhone Dock.) From there you get a power, video, and audio cable that are always plugged in to the TV and the wall.

Not only would your phone charge as you play, you wouldn't have to mess with changing your TV hookup every time you wanted to play.