Is tvOS 13.0 out ?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by applepuree, Aug 12, 2019.

1. applepuree macrumors 6502

applepuree

Hi guys

I am not in the beta program for ATV, but My ATV just updated to tvOS 13.0 (17J5549c) overnight.

Since then lost of things are plain and simply broken. It has created 2 used accounts for me, and keeps asking for an update to my Apple ID settings by holding my iPhone close to it, but all that appears to do is try and setup airplay 2. And then it asks again.

The App Store isn't working, and some of my apps I had are replaced by others, which it then says I need to buy.

There are other menu points such as"Wireless audio sync" that says I should get an notification on my iPhone to continue, but I never get one.

Whats going on ? Was the update pushed out by mistake?

2. waw74 macrumors 68040

not sure why it updated, check your software update settings in "system"

I was on the beta for 12, and it took me to 13 a while back
    (unlike phone which has a beta for each major version, aTV only has one for everything)

it's got issues, and everything you see is happening to me to,
    I think you need an updated phone to do all the things that require phone, but not sure, just what I assumed since they aren't working for me.

although the App Store has been fine for me, and none of my apps have been replaced by others though,

are both of the accounts it created yours?
    it almost sounds like you got mixed in with another users "one home screen"
    if Both accounts aren't yours, try switching to the other user account.

something is really wrong
    if you're close to one, you might want to take it to a Genius Bar,

3. applepuree thread starter macrumors 6502

applepuree

Thanks for the reply. I was on the beta back in tvOS 11 or 12, but when it was release I disabled betas and unenrolled, so I don't understand why I got this beta, but not the earlier versions. Very strange. The System - Software updates shows only "Update Software" and "Automatically Update".

Yes both accounts are mine, one with my different App Store account, and one using the iCloud for the App Store, which is incorrect. I assume the phone functions are not working as my iPhone X Max doesn't have the beta iOS on it.

As my ATV is out of warrantee, I doubt the GB would do anything to help.

4. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

Damn it sounds as though it's got confused due to the fact that you have had beta in the past. Something is seriously wrong here.
    Most definitely worth taking to a genius even though your ATV is out of warranty. You really don't want to have to wait another 7+ weeks with it like this until the official launch of tvOS 13.

5. FarmerBob macrumors regular

FarmerBob

I certainly hope that's not the Final release!!! It needs a lot of work. I was listed for all kinds of Betas over the years, have had in depth interactions with Apple and now for tvOS 13 I can not send feedback. AND I HAVE A LOT!! It's not even listed in the app. This is getting to be really aggravating . . .

6. Michelasso macrumors 6502

Michelasso

Sure it isn't the final release. The GM releases usually get published a couple of hours after the end of the Apple event in September. With the first (not public) betas released after the end of WWDC in June.