Is UPS this bad when ordering Apple Accessories via Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Wreckus, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

When I ordered my Apple watch via the Apple online store, the status updates were pretty good. Now, when I ordered my Magic Keyboard and Trackpad II via the online store last wednesday, I haven't got a status update since last Thursday. Thats when it left Concord, ON Canada.

Has UPS really gone downhill on their status updates lately as it should've arrived in Edmonton, AB by now.

2. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Depends did you pay for express shipping? UPS ground from Ontario to me in the Atlantic provinces would have maybe been here today most likely tomorrow now express would have been here Friday with a Thursday update, that actually gets on plane overnight for next morning delivery.

3. Wreckus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

I ordered it via the apple store app on my iPhone and automatically selected standard shipping. What bugs me is that there has been no status update since last thursday. I would think it would be in Edmonton by now.

4. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Doubt it would be it had stops in at least Thunder Bay and Winnipeg good for at least half a day delay each. Add in the 3400km it has to travel besides your looking at minimum 2.5 days. Then you have the weekend in there sometimes with my packages coming from the west coast I see it sit for that day or two in either of those places in common they would pass through. I would go with Wednesday you will get it personally. Thinking that it got to TB Friday sat for weekend sorted Sunday night/early this morning on its way to Winnipeg as I write this will get sorted there again on Tuesday on its way to Edmonton same day for sorting and delivery Wednesday. At least that is my experience having watched literally dozens if not hundred plus packages go through their system to me. Sometimes I never see an update past it arrived at the depot for sorting until it gets delivered then somehow it pops up in the tracking page after that probably due to the arrival/deliver scan being done I would think.

5. Wreckus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

It says tomorrow by end of day for the expected delivery date on UPS.com. But i'm leaning towards Wednesday or later; but, we'll see

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Lasership is the worst. I've never actually gotten a delivery of a product from them they claimed to want to send. So today as soon as I saw the trackpads were back in the Apple Store I immediately rushed to the store to pick one up.