Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
hi

I used to have a 13" MBP with a 24" Apple cinema display and it was a pain in the ass, expose animations were choppy, the fans were allways making noise (when doing regular time machine backups, browsing the web, light use of photoshop...)

Are any of this issues solved with the new i5 Airs?

Gordy

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2005
Bristol, UK
hi

I used to have a 13" MBP with a 24" Apple cinema display and it was a pain in the ass, expose animations were choppy, the fans were allways making noise (when doing regular time machine backups, browsing the web, light use of photoshop...)

Not seeing a single issue with my i5 air 11in air and my 27in acd. PLenty of other people using the setup too.

LeakedDave

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
hi

No issues on 27" cinema display with i7 13" Air or 2010 2.13GHZ C2D Air

JMB1911

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2010
I Have the new 13 inch base air and use the 27 inch ACD with it. It does have a little lag and runs hotter and uses the fan more. A little lag as in I notice it when I am not using the ACD... just the air. It is smoother.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.