Is Vaja iVolution compatible with screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eisenb11, Sep 10, 2009.

1. eisenb11 macrumors newbie

I ordered the open face version of the Vaja iVolution last night. Looks like a great case. My only concern is that the face of the phone is unprotected.

I'm thining that it may be a good idea to use a screen protector like Crystal Film or Invisible Shield.

I emailed Vaja and they said *not* to use a screen protector, but I'm sure this is a canned CYA (cover your a**) response.

Has anyone out there successfully (or unsuccessfully) gotten a screen protector installed in one of these Vaja cases?

2. ericxd macrumors regular

You must of ordered their iVolution grip..i have the acutal iVolutions and yes screen protector would not be in the way of the case itself, dont worry.

What you should be worry about is taking goood care of the case, otherwise the colour of the leather will end up getting scratched easily overtime plus fading. This is if you care about the case since you paid high dollars for one.

3. eisenb11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info Eric.

I think I have the same iVolution as you (or a close one). I ordered the plain one, but with the open front (no flip lid cover thing). I had emailed Vaja and they said not to use a screen protector, but that seems like a bad idea being that the front is open and it's going in my pants and all.

Did you put the film on the phone immediately after getting your case, or did you keep the phone filmless for a while to break the leather in before that?

I'm thinking of picking up one of those crystal film kits from the apple store, heard the cut is a lot better than the invisibleshield stuff.

Any recommendations on the proper way to care for the case? I'm assuming any ol' leather cleaner product should do...?