Is Verizon screwing people over with the Iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unknown0, Jan 26, 2011.

1. unknown0 macrumors member

If the Iphone was to come to Verizon this June then everyone who is going to get the Iphone 4 would have to wait until their contract is up or pay ETF. Now I am sure Verizon knows at this time whether they are getting the Iphone 5 this summer or at a later time. Obviously, Verizon is not forcing anyone to get the Iphone 4. But I don't get why they didn't just wait and started with a simultaneous launch of Iphone 5.

As of now there are 2 scenarios for customers who want to stay on Verizon and get an Iphone: 1.) Get Iphone 4 this Feb. and miss out on the possible update a mere 5 months later. 2.) Wait for the Iphone 5, which may or may not come out at the same time as AT&T, and also puts you at risk of Verizon eliminating the unlimited data plan. Pretty rough place to be for those customers.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How is verizon screwing people over, no body is holding a gun to the consumer. Don't want the iPhone 4 on VZW, then don't buy it. Do what I'm doing, waiting for the iPhone 5

3. raymondthimmes macrumors member

I think Veri-t&t is nothing but a screw over, no matter how you slice it.
    The price we pay for a quality device, I guess.

I mean, I'm sure a droid evo on sprint or something would be cheaper/better product but damn I would look so bad in a campaign pitch at an agency without my iphone/pad/bookpro/latte :cool:

(yes, I'm being facetious)

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

If you by an Android phone it's pretty much guaranteed that some better one will come out in 6 months.

Is every single person who buys an Android phone getting screwed?

I don't think so and I don't think i4 buyers are either. If they buy one on Verizon now and then really really want the newest iPhone this summer they're free to sell their phone and pay full price for the newer phone.

5. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Did at&t screw over its customers who signed up for a 2 year contract in July knowing that in one year those same subscribers would not be able to upgrade? If you got an iphone 4 right when it came out on a subsidized pricing you will not get the iphone 5 until 6 months after it has been out--and according to the hordes here, 6 month old iphones are dinosaurs and no one in their right mind would buy a current generation iphone after a few weeks have passed because that's how long it takes for it to become obsolete and for them to start getting wet dreams about the next iphone "right around the corner" in just 6, 7, 8 months!

If you can't keep an iphone 4 for 18 months, then don't get subsidized pricing! Buy it outright, then sell it when the next one comes out. End of story...

6. Gordon Gekko macrumors regular

In today's market the life on any phone averages less than 2 years. If someone that likes Verizon but wants and iPhone is about to have their 2 year contract expire how are they getting screwed by having the option to stay on their network and also have the phone that they want?

No doubt that the iPhone 5 will have the ability to access a 4G network but then again the iPhone 7 will probably have the ability to access a 5G network. You can always play the waiting game but if you do you will end up with nothing as something better is always around the corner now.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You joke, but our CEO went to a meeting w/ several other CEos and he was the only one w/o an iPad. He called us and we got him an iPad that day so he could show up the next day a look like all the other CEOs flashing their iPads around. :rolleyes:

Oh, and nobody is screwing anybody over (well, not where this subject is considered). This post is ludicrous.