Is Visual Voicemail available on the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dmk1974, Jul 2, 2017.

1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I have an iPhone 7 and an iPad Mini 4 LTE. On my iPad, I enabled under Settings>FaceTime the Calls from iPhone feature that allows me to make and receive phone calls to my iPhone number on my iPad. Pretty cool feature in case I am out of the house and don't have my iPhone on me.

However, I was thinking, if I didn't pick up the call and someone left me a voice-mail, how would I be notified of a VM on my iPad and if I can be, how would I be able to retrieve it? Thanks.

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

This!! As of now there is no way as far as I know. I have been sending feedback on this since iPhone calls first came to the iPad. It's a huge missing piece to making phone calls on the iPad actually useful for me. I get a ton of spam calls so without access to voicemail on the iPad, I still usually need my iPhone nearby to screen voicemails, making this feature a lot less useful to me.

I've sent feedback to apple on this before...not a bad idea. I hope we see it sometime.

3. dsampley macrumors regular

dsampley

If you are on AT&T, you can dial your own phone number from the ipad. You will then been asked for your voice mail password. You then could listen to your voice mails. I don't know of any way to know if you have any voice mails without checking from the iPad.

4. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Thanks for the replies. I have T-Mobile. After some digging, what I did was, downloaded and enabled their T-Mobile Digits app and turned of the iPhone calling within the system settings. Seems to work fine and I can actually retrieve my VMs through that Digits app. The only minor annoyance is that when I get texts from Android friends, I get a notification in both iMessage and in Digits while Apple users texts are just in iMessage (which is fine).