Is warranty transferable? About to trade for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NovemberWhiskey, Jul 27, 2011.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I am about to trade my DX2 for an iphone4 with someone I found on craigslist.

The deal sounds a little too good to be true, so I am worried about the phone being lost/stolen/damaged, etc.

We have agreed to meet at a Verizon wireless store, so I can have them check to make sure the phone is legitimate right?

Also, the guy says the phone is 4 months old. Would the warranty be transferable? In other words, if I take the phone in to Apple for a problem, they should still take care of me right?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Thank you very much.

Do I have to do anything to make sure it is transferred to my name? Just wondering how they know the phone hasn't been stolen or lost.

Also, anything else I should look out for?

4. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

No way to tell if its stolen or if the warranty is still valid without a serial number.

This link will tell you if it is.....

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I'm pretty sure the Warranty follows the device, not the user. So as long as the device's serial number has been registered, you should be fine.

Just to be safe, you can always check you warranty status on Apple Support page https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do