Is wildra1n legit?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cdustybk, Jul 20, 2011.

1. cdustybk macrumors member

I was looking this morning to see if there has been an untethered iOS 4.3.4 jailbreak available yet.
    I came across this thing called "wildra1n", and I thought it was strange because I had never heard of it. Also, I looked for videos/pictures (usually you can tell if a program is legit from other users) and all the videos in Google had the same thumbnail [red flag to me].
    Also, the only download sites are mediafire, filetube, and (on the wildra1n.com website) survey to download. [red flag #2].

I guess I am WAY to skeptical because
    1) someone beat the devs of redsn0w and greenpois0n to a 4.3.4 untethered JB?
    2) no one else has posted a different video of an iDevice being jailbroken
    3) nothing from a survey site can really be legit

However, if someone has downloaded this, please post your experience with it and please tell everyone how you were able to download it.

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It is not real. The only iDevice that is untethered on 4.3.4 is the old bootrom 3Gs.

3. cdustybk thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick reply.

And like I said, it sounded awfully deceptive, but just wanted to be sure.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

if its not on iclarified then chances are its not legit, that site is usually up to date on jailbreaking tutorials

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Somebody trying to sound like a Geohotz jb he is to busy hanging out with Mark Zuckerberg and helping out with Facebook. most likey give those crazy enough to try it a nice virus.

7. duramaxman1 macrumors member

I too seen this and now you can Google Wildra1n and it takes you to a website with a video and a pic of a cat. Then theres an explanation for all the surveys, I really would like to be untethered but Ill wait!

8. kojako macrumors newbie

Youtube comment

I was wondering the same things as you guys. But the thing is that there is many video on youtube about wildra1n, and all the commenst are good. Many people say that it is actually working for real.

9. iNathan macrumors newbie

Attempted

I thought I would try this wildra1n. I went to the site and completed a survey but now its just coming up with a download page but no download link. The URL to this page is http://fastyshare.com/index.php?act=download. I do not think this is legit because there is no identification of the file at all on the download page or the URL.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

We already told you guys it's not legit! no maybe's about it, Anybody can make a stupid youtube video. if trusted places aren't talking about it orsaying it's legit move on. Dev-team has giving credit too Geohot,Comex and Chronic for there jailbreaks. and if it's legit Iclarfied will have a tutorial or Lifehacker or at redmond pie.

Other wise it's BS!!!!

It's that simple!

11. Macerman macrumors newbie

It's a big lie

i :eek: saw the video they jb a 4.2.1 firmware and then cut the video and make it looks like 4.3.4 there is still no a free untethered jb for 4.3.4 or 4.3.5