is Wrapsol for iphone 4 wel install?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zxcvb, Jun 17, 2010.

1. zxcvb macrumors regular

zxcvb

wet installation is a deal killer for me, the screen surface wont be smooth and the sticky gel harm the screen

I need a static one

2. christyn macrumors 6502a

the ultra is dry install, regular wrapsol is wet.

3. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

Wrapsol is not a static cling though. It's still a tacky material even though it's a dry application.

For the screen protection, I would go with Power Support Crystal film. That's what I have on my 3GS and can't tell it's there. It's more of a static cling material. It hasn't peeled up at all.

4. christyn macrumors 6502a

I also do the same with the crystal film on the front, but most people will need something in between now and then since PS isn't shipping until late July.

5. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

I will be doing this. Bought a Wrapsol original but if I don't like the front, I'll switch it out for the Power Support Crystal Film.

Question,

How easy it is to take the Wrapsol original off the front if you wet apply it? Should be fairly easy right?

6. Uabcar macrumors 6502

This is exactly what I'm doing as well. I ordered the orig wrapsol yesterday. I've used a BSE skin on my ipod touch and taking it off was pretty easy - although it was on there pretty good - it's definitely stuck on there. I expect that the orig wrapsol is similar to the BSE given that they are both wet installs.

7. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Doing the same thing here. Originally, I was going to order white (but we all know how that went!). I'm good with Black. Ordered a Wrapsol original with that matte finish for the back.

Probably won't put the front one on and will opt for the PowerSupport film instead. That's the same combo I have on my 3GS right now.

8. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

I just can't go a whole month with the front screen being unprotected.

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h63Y0Vs1bw

Great comparison and closeups. Very, very little orange peel effect. For those who want clarity over protection can change it out, but I prefer Wrapsol because of the protection. ;) Also, I think the ultra may/may not have the matte effect. I've only used the original, so I can't say.

10. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

No matte back with the Wrapsol Ultra per the rep I spoke with.

11. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

12. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

True. I posted that and then saw that Power Support isn't till July. Maybe I'll use the Wrapsol front till the Power Support's are available.

13. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

14. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Honestly, I'm not buying that one. How can a thin little film protect it from drops? I think you can drop a naked iPhone on to concrete a few times, with no real damage, just scratches. Wrapsol prevents the scratches, which may be the only damage. If the concrete is clean and smooth, and you drop it in a controlled way, you may never crack the screen.

15. zxcvb thread starter macrumors regular

zxcvb

thanks, is SGP STEINHEIL ULTRA CRYSTAL also static or just a tacky material ?

16. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

You would be surprised. I had Ghost Armor before I had Wrapsol. I don't know how many times I dropped my phone... but it was still in mint condition when I took off the Ghost Armor. And that wasn't even Wrapsol, which is thicker and better.

17. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I'm not denying that it will keep it in good condition--all I'm saying is that the iPhone is fundamentally drop resistant. It's tough. Wrapsol Ultra advertises drop resistance claiming that the phone was fine after 50 drops onto concrete from 6 feet. All I'm saying is that if they try regular Wrapsol, the results will probably be similar.

18. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Probably, maybe.

Doesn't harm the screen at all. It's not sticky. Wet install uses a solution.