Is www.geekshomeandoffice.com legitamite

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by velocityg4, Jan 28, 2010.

1. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with this company? Preferably those whom have sub-contracted for them.

They called seeing if I would be interested sub-contracting for them.

However there are some red flags coming up.
    1. If a customer pays by check I mail them the check not input it online. For credit cards info is to be taken an e-mailed to them (from what I can gather) rather than inputting online.
    2. Invoices do not list the companies address
    3. Strict pay sheet filing procedures (The only company i sub for sometimes keeps track of this based on hours I charge customers online)
    4. The only information I can find is the Website and registrant info on a whois search, which was registered April 2009. There are no BBB listings.

Another thing that bothers me is the pay procedures and lack of billing remind me an awful lot of some other company who's claim to greatness as a tech company was that it is owned an run by women. No I don't see anything wrong with the owned and run by women part but that it needed to be highlighted and exemplified.

Anyways I can not recall the name of said company. When i researched them they had a lot of complaints from people saying they were a rip off. Plus a lot of techs saying they were never payed for many hours of service.
    Geekshomeandoffice also seems similar to Geeks on Call USA which seems to be another scam site.

So does anyone have experience with them or are they just a new name for the tarnished name of an unreliable or scam company?

2. danielw macrumors newbie

did you ever do any work for these guys? I talked to them today.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

5. evony macrumors newbie

Great Company to work for

I have been doing some contract work for about two years for them. They have always paid me about 30 days after the work is complete which is about standard for all the Geek Companies, except with these guys they actually send your money. There are alot of companies that rip techs off but this isnt one of them. They send a little later than some but at least you get it.

6. evony macrumors newbie

Good Company Read remarks below.

Done some work for them. They pay but about thirty days out, but at least you get your check unlike some of these other fly by night Geeks.

7. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

These are your only 2 MR posts. Seems fishy to me.

I came here to post that there is no doubt in my mind that this isn't legit, and this guy definitely isn't helping the case...

8. jgkiiokli macrumors newbie

They are theives

I did multiple jobs for these losers. They got paid for the jobs I did but I never got paid. They won't return my calls. Techs, watch out, these guys are no good. Customers, watch out, if they aren't paying their techs they can't deliver quality.....