Is XBOX LIVE Still Down for Everyone?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dmac77, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Hey all,

I'm just wondering if XBOX LIVE is still down for maintenance. My friend keeps insisting that it is back up, but I still can't connect from my 360. So I'm wondering if he's just pulling my leg, or if my 360 is just being stupid, which is its' favorite pastime.

Thanks,

Don

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

3. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

It's been down for over 10+ hours and the www.xbox.com website is also down.

4. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Thanks for the info. My friend is a total @ss. I haven't been able to get on since 1 AM yesterday. I thought they said that it would be down for 24 hours at most?

Don

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

darn, I was just about to resign up for gold, and kill sometime until iPhone OS 3.0...darnnn

6. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I know, it totally sucks. I've played through COD: WaW's campaign twice today, and Halo 3's campaign once.

MSFT has even said that there won't be any new features. You would think that they would have a backup server cluster to use for LIVE during system maintenance.

Don

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Problem could be coming if the stuff they are doing is a lot of back end updates. During that time you can not use you back up servers but have to do it all in 1 go. From what I reading it is a lot to do with prepping for the next release. So they are getting all that stuff lined up in the servers before hand. More than likely it will go down again during the next major update for the 360s.

8. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I didn't even think of that. Duh. I still wish that they would hurry up. I have a clan match setup for 8:00 AM. This was supposed to be over at midnight.

Don