Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I have been working around Swift since it's release and i'm committed to help others as well. So i was thinking of doing some tutorials either Youtube videos or blog around developing apps with Swift. I'm just concerned whether both xCode 6 and Swift are under NDA. Am i permuted to do so? Thank you.

hiddenmarkov

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2014
Japan
odd partial application of nda imo.

I'd think they'd want screens and such more open. Sure its beta and may not be the same at release. But I know of beta languages, and even beta ide's for the the beta langauge that like the free publicity and getting of attention.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
Most copyright owners like to be the first ones to announce their products publicly. They would much rather explain it to the public themselves. Nobody likes bad reviews of their beta software when they are expecting to fix the problems before release.

Apple has found it difficult or impossible to keep new products and features completely secret and I think they are no different than other companies in wanting to make their own announcements.

I wouldn't compare Apple to teeny-tiny open-source projects that want all the advertising they can get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.