Is your 16g iPhone going to be enough for applewatch apps?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Stayfly2407, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

Do you think you'll need much more space to download Apple watch apps in addition to what you already have on your iphone?

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Do the apps actually get downloaded to your phone? I think it just serves as the conduit through which apps are downloaded onto the Watch. In any event, these apps are undoubtedly going to be relatively very small in size, so I doubt it would be an issue in any case.

3. Ries macrumors 68000

Until the API changes or native apps are allowed, the watch will be an extension of your phones notification center with sensors. It won't be able to show much more than notification center widgets style stuff (buttons, texts, graphs, throw in some simple animations). Don't expect infinity blade 4.

4. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

I presumed the apps will be stored on the watch. Along with OS, music and pictures.

5. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

On the pebble the user downloads apps to the phone using the pebble iPhone app. Since you can only have 8 actually on the watch you use that app to add or delete them from the watch.

The Apple watch app that arrived on the last update (smart of Apple) appears to have its own app store that will appear to do a similar interface. Some things need a matching full app to be on the phone, while some are standalone.

I am not thinking the average watch app should be very big so am not that worried about storage.

I did like seeing some of the watch settings screens that were posted that allow us to specify how much storage the watch will use for music and pictures. It seems we get one playlist for music and one music folder. I doubt I will use the music feature but already have a pictures favorites folder on my phone that I maintain with the pictures I drag out to show people the most.

6. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Apple watch apps are currently implemented as extensions of iPhone apps. They should be very minimal in terms of space, especially if you already have the app on your phone.