Is your AirPlay Mirroring smooth or jittery?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HXGuy, Jun 19, 2011.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I installed iOS 5 on my iPad 2 and Apple TV and it works, but it's very slow and jittery. I saw some demos online and it looked smooth, even games like Real Racing 2 bit on mine it doesn't work very well at all...the game keeps hanging up and pausing.

How is it working for you guys? Could it be my wireless router? I have an older Linksys Wireless G router.

2. moriaty, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011

moriaty macrumors newbie

Mine is jittery too, nothing like the demo's. Watching a movie on TV is no fun like this.
    My wifi-n connection is pretty fast, 20mbit easily and the appleTV is on a network cable.
    Let's hope it's the beta....

3. R0b macrumors member

Remember that it is only the first beta in iOS 5, so you don't get your hopes high for a smoove experience. This gives a chance for developers to code their apps to run smoove apps in iOS 5, and no it can't be your wireless router.

4. shandyman Suspended

mine can be a bit, don't know if it's just beta or my wifi tho lol

5. St. Germain macrumors 6502

Nevermind, thought this thread was about the iOS app "Air Video" not AirPlay.

(Air Video is silky smooth by the way.)

6. shandyman Suspended

Beta 2 is MUCH better for AirPlay Mirroring! before it was really awful to stream the BBC iPlayer site, but just watching some Glastonbury stuff now and it's way better! image still stutters every few minutes, but it fixes itself. definate progress!