Is your compass messed up too iP4s on 5.0???

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by fuzion11, Oct 28, 2011.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

When I'm at home I will turn on my compass and it will say it's pointing North when it's really pointing South...but when I come to work it'll be normal again.

Is this happening to anyone else I wonder???

Is this due to a faulty thingamajig or would it be caused from the Rogers cell tower?? Or is it a possible mixture or the new antennas in the 4S and the Rogers tower are not working properly?? Hard to say as it works else where, just not at home.

EDIT>>>
    Yup can't be a faulty GPS chip as my compass is bang on here at work and when in the maps app, after pressing the blue arrow to see what direction I'm facing that works great too...and it shows me exactly where I am on the map.

2. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Do you have metal suspended flooring or a metal desk?

3. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Well I do live on the 10th floor of an apartment complex with another 9 floors on top of me. But no I don't own a metal desk.

In other news, I do work in a metal plant with a million pounds of steel plate on our floor and the compass works out there fine. lol

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Anyone else experiencing this whether it be in the US or Canada??...interested to hear if it's 5.0 or the iP4s causing the issue...or is it just my unit??

5. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Try gyro compass in the app store, uses gyroscope

----------

No problems here

6. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Well at home inside the apartment north is south and vice versa...but the second I step on my balcony, boom it works the way it should.

I'd love to see if other iPhones do the same thing in my place...or does mine just have a weak antenna or something?

7. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Wrong hemisphere, but my daughters iP4 on iOS5 works fine here

8. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Could have something to do with the toilette water going down counter clockwise! haha

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I would guess there's some sort of local interference inside your apartment. Probably something to do with the metal frame of the building. I'm in my classroom right now, and it point to my metal filing cabinet. *shrug*