Is your hack free experience better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnMcKee, Sep 29, 2007.

1. JohnMcKee macrumors newbie

I had installed several programs on my iPhone, I have to admit, Summerboard was pretty neat and I had several people ask me how to make their iPhone look like it, LightsOut was pretty fun when I was bored, etc.

I somewhat reluctantly upgraded knowing that I would lose these things, but I was growing tired of Safari crashing and I do a fair amount of international travel so it would be very nice to turn of EDGE roaming, I was just out of the country and even though I was very careful I still ended up with about $20 in accidental data roaming when trying to use WiFi access points.

Honestly I'm happier with the iPhone after the upgrade, it's much faster, Safari has yet to crash on me and I've realized I never really used all those applications that I loaded on to it, not to mention I feel like I became so enamored with the idea of Summerboard and all the customization that I could do with it that I forgot how great and clean the Apple interface was and that's what made me want to buy the phone in the first place.

I kind of feel like it is like getting my car detailed, I never think it is that dirty and I really need to spend $100 to have it waxed and shampooed etc but after it's cleaned and the sting of being out $100 is gone I realize what a beautiful car it is and kick myself for letting it get the way it was.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

2. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I feel that everything is faster, and less buggy. Not sure if it's because of the bug fixes or not having bad hacks clogging up the works. I'm hoping for monthly updates from Apple making it cleaner, more useful and fun with each iteration. By the way have you ever felt your car is faster after a good detail? I sure have.