Is your IP6 scratched up? (launch day owner)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bluphyre, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Bluphyre macrumors member

So i haven't dropped my space gray ip6 once, and yet ive noticed scratches, chips and even a small dent in my phone. (which looks like a key made a dent, but i never put my keys in the same pocket as my phone, so it must've been when ive held my phone and keys in the same hand for a few seconds)

Ive had it since launch day, and im in the process of getting some pictures (my only camera is my Ip6 lol)

yes i've gone case-less, but i was wondering if anyone was having similar experiences? (i realize it is inevitable if i go case-;ess and trolls will be ignored)

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Case free since launch, well one week after, no dents, scratches or anything else.

3. Bluphyre thread starter macrumors member

thats unfortunate.. maybe im just unlucky?

4. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Mine has a few light scratches but I expected that. This is a fragile phone. Once you accept that, you'll be fine.

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I've had mine for almost three months now, naked. Looks as good as new.

6. Ardmanz macrumors regular

Lots of light scratches on the screen.

Not put it in a pocket with any keys/coins etc. A bit disappointing.

7. solo118 macrumors 65816

It's been in a case since day one, but no screen protector.

No visible scratches at all, maybe a couple of very minor scratches on the olephobic coating on my screen.

8. techspin macrumors 6502a

How are you denting your phone just by holding keys with your phone for a few seconds?? Maybe you were climbing down from a window at the same time to get away from a jealous husband? That would explain it. At least you're enjoying it without a case!

9. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

scratches on the "oleophobic coating" are still scratches on the screen, you cant replace the coating lol

10. Itzamna macrumors regular

I have a 5C and a 6 without case or screen protector (only use a leather sleeve in the 5C and a wool and leather sleeve on the 6) and so far no scratches or dents on the 6 and the 5C has some few scratches on the back but they are only seen when reflecting sun light and even so they are barely visible and only seen on an angle.

I see lots of people (iPhone or users or not) putting their phones on tables with screens down... Sometimes tables with dust, sand and all that sort of dangerous stuff. Sand WILL scratch your screen. Same goes for pockets... Just because you have just your phone on your pocket, doesn't mean that there isn't sand or any other debris on it.

As for dents, you have to bump it somehow... Phones don't get dents just... because... :)

11. Bluphyre thread starter macrumors member

its not my screen that is scratched, its pristine.

the aluminum however is a completely different story

12. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

Launch day here. No case but do use a screen protector.

I have some small scratches on the gray bands (hard to even see) but the aluminum is fine. I don't put it in the same pocket as anything else though.

Call me crazy but sometimes some wear looks cool. A buddy of mine has been caseless on his 5s and his apple logo is worn in a very cool-looking way. Adds some character.

13. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Space gray was the absolute worst color to choose if you wanted to run it naked. Silver would have been a better call.

Sounds like you're rougher on phones than you realized. You could, if your phone isn't really beaten up, take it in for warranty servicing and hope they give you a refurb, then put a case on it... even if it's just a clear case.

14. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

In a case since launch day with glass screen protector. Still is a 10/10.

15. xlost6 macrumors 6502

Why would it be anything else when yours is still in a case with a screen protector? lol.