Is your iPad jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by miamialley, Aug 1, 2011.

?

Is your iPad currently jailbroken?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. No

99 vote(s)
    57.9%
  1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I've just been considering doing it and was curious what percentage of us have. Is your iPad currently jailbroken?

2. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

Yes, mine is jailbroken. Jailbreaking would make a digital Harriet Tubman happier than a pigeon finding a french fry.

3. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

4. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

While I love the concept of being jailbroken and had my ipad1 jailbroken for most of the time I've owned it, I simply gave up on it. Apple is releasing too many must have features and it seems every update the jailbreak is more months and months of waiting, especially for the ipad2. I love the options I get with jailbreak, I miss them dearly, but I won't jailbreak and get used to them again only to have the next Apple update come out and I'll have to live without a jailbreak for months if not longer.

5. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

I jailbroke simply because it was SO easy at www.jailbreakme.com and then I actually paid (counter-intuitive, I know) for RetinaPad, that enables iPhone apps with Retina updates to look a good 70% better on iPad than otherwise. I haven't done any other tweaking.

6. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Hell NO. I can imagine the JB users out there using iOS 5 can't use Over the air iOS update :cool::D
    Too bad.

I just like things being simple and what they originally are and keep every things UP TO DATE!! :rolleyes:

7. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Nope. I want to be able to use iOS5 and the cloud. There may come a work around with iOS5, but I have a hunch Apple is going to have a heavily protected cloud.

8. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Nope, I don't care what other people say, I LOSE BATTERY when JailBroken. Not worth the extra features, which I don't really care about anyway.

9. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

Yes, but I'm gonna ditch the jailbreak when iOS5 comes out. :cool: That would cover almost all the jb features I like.

10. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

11. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

12. Jmouse macrumors 6502

No and wont unless i need it.

but i do see the benefits of an ipad being jailbroken.

13. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

The main things I'd want in jail breaking would be:
    -gestures
    -themes
    -info screen customization

Is there any app that locks your iPad other than Apple's default 4 digits in the middle of the screen? Is there anyway you can move that number pad to the bottom corner OR use a custom gesture to unlock the iPad?

14. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

I jailbroke mine - wasn't that big a w00p for me. I went back to standard.

15. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

To be honest, I'm always chicken to do stuff like that. I likely will never jailbreak my main iDevice in any category. I MIGHT though jailbreak my iPod Touch soon as I have an iPhone too.

Mike

16. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

17. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

I did the jailbreak on my iPad primarily for MyWi. It's fantastic when I'm traveling abroad. I just buy a local SIM and share my iPad's connection with my laptop, iPhone, friends and relative's devices. It's better than a MyFi device because the iPad's battery lasts so long.

Other cool jailbreak apps are My3g and RetinaPad.

18. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I have gestures and not jailbroken.

19. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

I'm perfectly happy with the features offered on the official firmware.

20. TheBaconKing macrumors regular

TheBaconKing

I have always jailbroke my iPhones, but when jailbreakme 3.0 was realeased I jailbroke the iPad 2 and realized that there really isn't much if you don't care for themes or cracked apps.. I ended up restoring to 4.3.5 and said screw jailbreaking. I even restored my phone. I am going to want the ota updates in iOS 5!

21. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

I JB mine to try apps before I spent the money on them, sick and tired of paying money for cr@p because it had the highest 'rating' based on 'real user' reviews, I thought Apple would have done something about the false reviews by now.
    Anyway I use it for that and some of the UI tweaks but not nearly as much as my iPhone.

22. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

One of the first things that I did with my iPad 2 was jailbreak it.

I'm not big on pirating Apps, but I keep my device jailbroken for the nice tweaks you can get (SBSettings, Locktopus etc). Some of these additions are quite cool, and I don't like waiting around for Apple to decide what to include.

This.

I thought this too, but the jailbreaking community are pretty quick so any major updates will be jailbroken soon after release. Besides, the only major update from now until Autumn is iOS5 (which no doubt will be hacked). The minor ones Apple have been releasing recently do nothing more then fix holes which let people jailbreak their devices in the first place :p

I might have to download RetinaPad...

23. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's A Personal Choice

But my own is to keep my apple kit as apple intended it. I had the ipad1 so I guess I had the ideal opportunity to JB if I wanted to, but chose to donate it to a friends hard up University student daughter.

I'm not knocking people who choose to do it, I can see that some advantages do exist. But for me it's "As it came from the factory" :)

24. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Yup... you don't need to jailbreak to enable gestures.

Since the jailbreak took so long for the iPad 2, I don't care to jailbreak my iPad 2 anymore. The only thing I did was enable gesturing with icopybot's method. That's good enough for me till iOS5. My iPhone is still jailbroken, but that may change when iOS5 comes out. But... I will still keep saving my blobs just in case.