is your ipad2 purchased from retail store automatically registered on apple website?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sxiang1992, Oct 23, 2011.

1. sxiang1992 macrumors newbie

I bought my ipad2 3G back in March. I remember I never register my ipad 2 on the apple website, only the macbook air 2011 I purchased from apple online store was automatically registered.
    I checked my "My support profile" where you can view your registered product last night and it said the Ipad 2 3g was already registered. But the odd thing I noticed is the expiration date for the limited warrany is June, 2012. Therefore the database for the pruchase date must be wrong.
    I remember when I purchased Ipad2 the apple employee asked me for emial address for sending receipt. Since this email address is also associated with my apple ID, so did the apple store employee registered my ipad2 and they messed up the purchase date?

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Very odd. It registered for me when I first put it through iTunes. Oh well, you get 3 months extra warranty :D

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Did you ever connect to iTunes? To initialize your device?

4. sxiang1992 thread starter macrumors newbie

How does it register through iTunes? I mean every apple product for the first use requires registration on iTunes. But I think it is different from "you register for apple product" where you put the purchase date, serial number, apple ID together.

5. Vindicator macrumors member

AFAIK the first time you plug idevice to iTunes it's activated and start ticking the warranty.

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Theres a couple of screens asking you to register your product. You sign into your Apple ID and confirm a few contact details then it'll say something like thank you for registering.