iPad Is Your iPhone 6/6+ Screen Brighter Than Your IPad Air 2's?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by donster28, Oct 24, 2014.

?

Is Your iPhone 6/6+ Screen Brighter Than Your iPad Air 2's?

1. Yes, My iPhone 6/6+ Screen Is Brighter

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. No, Their Both Even

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. donster28, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

donster28 macrumors 65816

My iPhone 6's is brighter.

Has anybody noticed this on theirs?

EDIT: I correct my observation...the iPad Air 2 screen is not warmer but it's actually almost like my iPhone 6's in terms of colour temp. It's just not as bright as the iPhone 6 overall, even on the brightest setting.

And no, I don't have 'Reduce Whitepoint' on.

I'm revising my OP accordingly...apologies for the confusion.

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry, should have been more clear. I meant 'colour hue' - wise.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Screens are going to be different from each other. Even iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screens will be inconsistent in their color temperatures, from one to the other. Unfortunately, that is the state of flat panel displays currently.

It's not officially a defect, though you may disagree. Unfortunately, the only fix is to either put up with it, or find an Apple store with very patient staff willing to let you up open up iPad after iPad until you find one with a screen that matches your phone to your satisfaction.

And then let's hope you never notice a difference in calibration between your mobile devices and your desktop or laptop.

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Yours is warmer. Others have reported the same. Others have reported the opposite. There is no consensus.

6. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't consider it a defect. My screen is actually uniform with no inconsistencies, dead pixels, gray blobs and backlight bleed.

I'm just curious how others are fairing with theirs.

7. beastx macrumors newbie

Extremely disappointed with iPad Air 2 display

I got my iPhone 6 launch week and have been hypnotized by its amazing display. It's crisp, bright, flawless from all angles, seems magical, dominant next to the 5s it replaced and legendary next to my wife's soon to be upgraded 4s.

As a developer, I upgrade devices regularly anyway but after being enslaved to my iPhone 6 display and hearing all the hype about iPad Air 2 display, I flew excitedly to upgrade from Air 1 to Air 2.

Maybe my expectations were set too high but I thought I had a defective iPad after un-boxing. Holding it next to my iPhone 6, the Air 2 is dim and unevenly lit by comparison, even at max brightness. Best Buy labeled the box iPad Air 2 in black marker (to ease confusion) but had it not been for the touch id I'd have thought I'd been tricked.

I went to a couple of Apple stores to do a side by side comparison and sadly it was consistent. I love my iProducts but this was disappointing. Even at the lower PPI I was expecting a 9" iPhone 6 quality screen.

8. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Here's one for you:

I very briefly looked at an iPhone 6+ when I was waiting for my Air 2. The first thing I noticed was how bright (and nice) the screen was. INSANELY nice and bright.

I get my Air 2 home and I knew in a matter of seconds it was dimmer than the first Air. Not bad, but dimmer, and much dimmer than that iPhone 6+ I looked at, and I just very briefly saw it. No mistake.

This latest iteration of the iPad is one step up-one step back.

9. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

The screen on my iPhone 6 is somewhat warmer than my iPad Air 2, but the brightness is about the same. Also don't see much difference on the screens of my iPad Air and Air 2.

The first 3 iPad Airs that I returned last year had significantly less bright screens and I just got lucky this year on the first try. I think it is hard to find a device with a "perfect screen". None of my current Apple devices have one but they all have what I consider very good screens and I am happy with them. The last "perfect" screen I had was on an iPad 4 and it took 3 tries to get that one - nothing I want to go through again.

10. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

My iphone 6 plus screen is less brighter compared to iphone 6