Is your MacBook Pro Beeping? Click Here.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adamjackson, Jul 16, 2009.

1. adamjackson macrumors 65816

Sorry but these HD beeping threads are getting annoying and I only visit MR Forums once a day. Here's the deal.

You have a 2009 MacBook Pro with a 7200RPM Hard Drive in it and you're hearing a click+beep randomly... AND/OR the machine is locking up sometimes.

http://apple.com/retail (schedule a time to go in)
    Tell the genius your machine is "hanging" right after you hear the click+beep.

The genius knows exactly what this is and tell them it's hurting your performance (even if it isn't) and they'll order the replacement part. In 24-48 hours take your MBP in and they'll check it in for repair (back up your data first). The next day you'll have a new hard drive w/o the beep.

I did it to mine and all is perfect now. I believe it's just the June '09 15&17 inch MacBook Pros.

Those of you complaining about this and not doing anything about it, stop and just go to the apple store. it's only happening on new MBPs so take advantage of your warranty and get it fixed.

2. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

I would do this, however it's I have no guarantee that the replacement hard drive will not have the beep as well. Also I don't trust the geniuses to treat my computer very well. So many people have gotten replacement computers only to continue to have the beep. Once Apple takes care of this, then I'll get it replaced. As it stands now, I don't think they've even openly admitted that there's a problem or that it's fixable, which is just ridiculous customer service.

3. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

Don't tell people they are not doing anything about it!!!
    I've been to the Apple Store twice about this with 2 of the 3 bad MBP's Apple has sent me and one genius said send it back and didn't replace a thing the second said oh that beep and freeze is normal. Plus, why would I want to 'fix' a computer that is less than a few hours old.

To all prospective owners: Get the 5400RPM drive so you can avoid the problems with the 7200RPM drives.

If you are fed up with the annoying posts about bad HD's tell Apple to fix the computers and do not tell the users getting scr*wed by Apple to be quiet. Being loud about this issue has gotten it recognition and started moving it towarded being repaired.

4. itsmed macrumors regular

itsmed

yea i phoned up about this they got me to do a few things and then said to phone back if it still beeps. i put down the phone and it beeped :mad::mad:

5. itsmed macrumors regular

itsmed

could every one with a beeping mbp please post to show APPLE this is a problem in the mbp's :mad: