Is your new MB/ MBP defected?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by icecone, Jun 24, 2007.

?

Is your new MB/MBP defected?

1. My new MB is defected

7 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. My new MB is perfect

18 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. My new SR MBP is defected

33 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. My new SR MBP is perfect

46 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. icecone macrumors regular

Newest MB (after 15/5) or SR MBP.
    Interested to know the defects rate of apple's recents mbs.
    The first one you got from apple, not the exchanged

2. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

3. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

4. blackstone macrumors regular

My Mac has not defected

Nope, my Macbook is still fiercely loyal. It has never defected to the other side, let alone attempted to cross the Iron Curtain.

EDIT: And no, it's not defective either.

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

6. Mr Fusion macrumors 6502a

Mr Fusion

My SR 2.2 Glossy is going right back to China with its little yellow problem. Better luck next time! :D

7. Dave Design macrumors newbie

my sr 2.2 does not seem to want to wake up at times, and other times the screen flickers to black and then dies. I calling apple in the morning.

8. icecone thread starter macrumors regular

shame on apple:apple: :(
    having almost half of their pro models defected:(

9. Sir Diggamus macrumors newbie

I finally got my MBP last Thursday. It runs fine but when you view it at any angle other than head on the whole screen begins to take on a yellow hue. It gets worse as the angle increases. After hearing all the other issues I am hesitant about returning it, but I just paid $2K plus for this machine and I should be able to share a youtube vid with a pal without him saying "dude, you need to shift the color on that thing!"

BTW. It was a 2.2, Glossy, LG, 24th week MFG.

10. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

LoL @ defected.

Mine's perfect. The colour of the LCD does change at different viewing angles, but for a laptop screen it's pretty damn good - I certainly don't consider this a defect.

:)

11. Igantius macrumors 65816

Macintouch is very good for that kind of thing.

12. Bernie14 macrumors newbie

13. SteveM8 macrumors member

Now on my 3rd in 10 days

and this 3rd one just popped up with a problem. The left fan is now loud at all times, like its rubbing against something inside. A constant whirl sound from the left side. ALl of my other MBP's have been dead silent.

I am NOT happy and the store wont be either when I go in for a refund. 1st one had the 1.3 yellow screen. 2nd one kept freezing and going black. Now this third one has a perfect screen, runs great but the left fan is annoying the heck out of me. Whatever. This latest batch of MBP's are lemons. Ive been buying macs for 10 years and never had any issues like this in the past except with the very 1st MBP and the processor whine.

Oh well.

14. fongyuen macrumors 6502

just got my 17" last friday and it seems to be fine. only thing is some faint uneven lighting, but otherwise, the hi-res screen is great!

15. Simon R. macrumors 6502

I should receive my very first Macbook Pro (2.2) tomorrow and am anxious/nervous like hell. It's such a PITA having to deal with returns and refunds etc. so I hope I get lucky.

16. rpk macrumors newbie

Mine's going back to the store. Not sure I'd call it defective but there are several things that are uneven and just not as they should be for an expensive laptop. If I may say this on this board: I never had these types of quality issues with my numerous PCs!
    My new 23" ACD is going back for the second time today. I sure hope I'll have more luck with the replacements.

P

17. Alloye macrumors 6502a

The 15.4" Screens Suck

I'm on my second bad 15.4". The first had the backlight go bad after 13 days. The replacement is so much brighter on the left half of the display that there appears to be a perfect gradient running across any solid background that spans more than 1/3 of the screen. I didn't notice it at first, but now it's driving me crazy.

That's one bad Samsung glossy (backlight failure) and one bad LG matte (uneven illumination). What sucks is that both computers have been perfect otherwise. What also sucks is that I live four hours from the nearest Apple store!

Anyway, I'm thinking about giving up and trying the 17". If I get a bad one of those, I'll probably get a refund and sit out this revision.

18. Smurfed macrumors regular

19. MidiMonk macrumors regular

I think the refurbed 2nd Gen MBP is the way i am going, just need to save.Apple's QC should be fired though

20. mikehokie macrumors regular

Because it's true. Most of the people who have problems probably don't want to hear from people saying oh it's just you or something which is what happens a lot of the times on these forums.

Apple is not all mighty god. They make mistakes and every company does. The sooner some users on this forum accept that the more people will start to actually POST their problems.

I have heat issues, superdrive issues (VERY loud noise and some scratching), ect.

21. hardercore macrumors newbie

My SR MBP (2.2/2GB/160GB) is perfect. It's the best computer I've ever owned.

22. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Hmm, that's an awful lot of people claiming they have a defected computer when, in fact, a defected MB or MBP doesn't exist.

:p

23. mikehokie macrumors regular

You just keep telling yourself that if that makes you feel better.

24. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Just recieved my 17" Hi-Res SR MBP today. Seems perfect. At first I thought the hinge on the display was loose, but as I move it around a little bit, it feels pretty good :)

25. Zadillo macrumors 65816

I don't get it, are you actually argue that a 50% rate in this poll translates to a 50% defective rate for the MBP as a whole?