Is your RMBP screen uniform?

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
Reports of issues on both LG and Samsung displays. I would get another replacement if I were you. I would also not worry about issues that only arise during "specific tests" if they are not evident in real world day to day usage.

neilpryde23

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2011
My screen is an LG and it is much more red up top and yellow at the bottom. It the most red in the top right hand corner of the screen and I have a good amount of light bleeding in the top left hand corner.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
I've not done any artificial tests, I just notice the difference in uniformity when I'm reading a page of text and see the colour temperature in each quarter of the screen is different. It's quite annoying, especially considering the cost of the display.

Beginning to wonder if I'd be better going back to a classic MBP or looking at something like the Samsung Series 9. Playing the display-lottery can get a bit tiresome :(
Yea that would suck, sorry. Ive had two rMBP, one LG and one Samsung, but both flawless :\

I returned the LG screen one because it was a base model and I wanted 16GB RAM, when I received my BTO rMBP, it came with a Samsung screen, but flawless. I did notice the LG has a little more contrast and it was nice.