is your screen bad

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by squeeks, Sep 17, 2007.

?

Is your screen BAD

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

lets get some hard numbers

of course being that this is a support forum the bad might be higher, but we'll see

now remember most of the problem is from watching a very dark scene in a movie, or on youtube pictures arent generally effected

2. RCGMac macrumors regular

Bought my 8GB, at the Southdale Apple Store, Edina, MN on Friday morning. It is wonderful, no screen issues, no hissing, no problems thus far. I don't have it with me here at work, so I don't have the serial #, etc. It would be interesting to see if it is a certain batch which are affected?

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'll be picking up a replacement this evening. I'll post in this forum with my test results!

4. MitchVegas macrumors newbie

Picked my 16gb on Sunday and it works fine. No screen issues or sound issues.

5. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

This is good... some people without issues... good to hear. I haven't received mine yet but, I'm not holding my breath... I'll get what I get and deal with it accordingly when I get it. I don't wanna stress over it... and it has kinda been making me stressed out because I'm going on a trip on Oct. 3rd and I want my iPod before then and I want a working one.

7. Skull21 macrumors regular

I don't have the screen issue, but a keyboard and audio issue.

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

The replacement unit has the exact same screen issues as my previous iPod, unfortunately. They're both week 37 builds. I think I'll wait a little while before I do a second exchange, see if it's fixed with a newer batch.

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Thanks for the info, looks like its pretty widespread, going in for exchange really isn't helpful for now . I'll probably wait another two weeks and see how it turns out

10. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

11. isaac17 macrumors member

Bad screen on some movies.

omg. I'm sorry if this is completely off topic... but Robert Jordan (writer of the Wheel of Time series) died yesterday. I've been following his blog for the last year, so much that I feel that my best friend just died... Kinda makes me feel bad about all this bitching about the itouches screen... I feel sick.

12. Stun inc. macrumors newbie

You know, ive got this on the 13th and ive been trying to love it trying to see the best out of it, and it is a wonderful machine, but the screen sucks its unwatchable in dark scenes.

I was in denial the more i look for it the worse it is, im on the phone with apple right now.

13. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I called earlier, rep said they just start to get feedback, so no solution yet