iScroll 2 + Tiger

Vixus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
23
0
Hey, I'm trying to install iscroll 2 on my powerbook with some changes to the source code. I was wondering how can I repackage the source code into an installer of the form .pkg? Thanks
 

grabberslasher

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2002
409
1
Éire
Vixus said:
Hey, I'm trying to install iscroll 2 on my powerbook with some changes to the source code. I was wondering how can I repackage the source code into an installer of the form .pkg? Thanks
If you've got the dev tools installed:
 

Attachments

Comment

Vixus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
23
0
Yes I do have the dev tools, except that I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to do with it. Do I have to recompile to code or just repackage it. And I wish there was some documentation on how to repackage. Thanks for the quick reply.
 
Comment

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
24,789
143
Harrogate
Vixus said:
Yes I do have the dev tools, except that I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to do with it. Do I have to recompile to code or just repackage it. And I wish there was some documentation on how to repackage. Thanks for the quick reply.
More than likely you need to compile the code. Unless you want to create an installer package for the source code? The fact that you are asking such a basic question implies that you are probably not the best person to be doing this.

The Developer Tools install a massive library of documentation, including a complete set for all the tools.
 
Comment

Vixus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
23
0
Yeah... maybe I'm not qualiifed to start messing around with teh developer's toolset. I was wondering maybe if someone can recompile the iscroll2 application for Tiger. If not, I guess I'll just have to start reading. Thanks for the help anyways.
 
Comment

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
24,789
143
Harrogate
Have you tried asked the developers themselves? I imagine that they will probably release a fix once Tiger is officially available.
 
Comment

Vixus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
23
0
Yep, I did. I asked him if he'll release a Tiger version, but he didn't say anything. All he said was that iscroll2 was tested by someo ther people and is compatible with Tiger. All you have to do is use xcode and change one line in the code where they do the OS version verification. That's all.
 
Comment

Vixus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
23
0
I wish I could, but I dunno which file to open. Can't seem to find a project file.
 
Comment

clayton

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2004
23
0
He offers a .pkg form already. It works in tiger too. Make sure that in Sys Pref>Keyboard and Mouse you have 2 finger scrolling enabled also. I didn't at first and thats why it didn't work.

Peace
Clayton
 
Comment

NuPowerbook

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2004
51
0
Has anyone else noticed that after a reboot iScroll 2 stops working and the only way to re-enable it is to go in to the iScroll 2 preference panel and click on Load Defaults?
 
Comment

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
1,212
0
Chicago
ha yea that happened this morning to me. i was confused. im pretty sure its only after you shut it down. not a reboot or sleep session. at least thats how it was for me
 
Comment

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
iScroll 2 works on my PB 1.33Ghz 12" running Tiger 10.4.0. It's actually pretty cool. I have it set for circular scrolling, that way you can continuously scroll without taking your fingers off the trackpad. This is so much cooler than the implementation on PC laptops that have a strip running down the edge on their trackpads. Why doesn't Apple make this a software upgrade across all pre-2005 PBs?
 
Comment

TreeHugger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
279
0
Lacero said:
iScroll 2 works on my PB 1.33Ghz 12" running Tiger 10.4.0. It's actually pretty cool. I have it set for circular scrolling, that way you can continuously scroll without taking your fingers off the trackpad. This is so much cooler than the implementation on PC laptops that have a strip running down the edge on their trackpads. Why doesn't Apple make this a software upgrade across all pre-2005 PBs?
Yeah I agree. Apple really should offer scrolling capability to all pre-2005 Powerbooks as an upgrade. I just came across iscroll last night and was hesitant to install it because I wasn't sure how it would work with Tiger, but I'm glad to say that it runs very nicely and is a lot better than sidetrack!
 
Comment

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
13,979
3
Gone but not forgotten.
NuPowerbook said:
Has anyone else noticed that after a reboot iScroll 2 stops working and the only way to re-enable it is to go in to the iScroll 2 preference panel and click on Load Defaults?
Later versions should work better. It's up to version 0.21 now.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.