iShowU - Record with a smaller screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ghking, Feb 22, 2009.

1. ghking macrumors regular

ghking

hello

im making a video of my screen with iShowU, but the frame rate is horrible because its recording such a large area. Is there any way to get it so i can record everything on my screen, but at a lower resolution? (other than lowering the display resolution - this makes the windows bigger, which i dont want)

thanks

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Not to throw a wrench in your software usage, but I never understood why people use capture software. If you have access to any video camera you can capture what you do to tape (with voice) and then recapture the raw footage into any video editing program like Final Cut or even iMovie. Here you can trim and edit perfect footage (albeit, a reduced resolution screen to match your video camera).

Using final cut will also allow you to crop, mask and place highlights in your work. I struggled with the capture programs in the past and finally went to the above method because I needed to make training videos quickly and easily.

3. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

screenflow is way better, although its more expensive

4. ghking thread starter macrumors regular

ghking

i know i have heard that

i thought of a better way to phrase this basically my real question is can i lower my screen resolution without the windows changing size

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Uh, because the video quality of a camcorder pointed at a computer screen is terrible?

6. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

No... use video out from your computer. Most camcorders have a three RCA to mini RCA connection to record from external sources.