iSHSHit issue?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cs0373, Dec 9, 2010.

1. cs0373 macrumors member

Hi, I just got the iSHSHit app and went to save my shsh's. It pulled 4.1 which Cydia had already but did not get 4.2b or 4.2.1. I have already saved them with Tiny Umbrella but was wondering why the ishshit program wouldn't save those as well. Is it because Cydia does not have them yet? Just curious if anyone else had that happen or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Just use TinyUmbrella or Cydia to save your SHSH. If Tinyumbrella says you have them saved, then you have them saved.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont see the point on saving your SHSH's on your iphone cause its not like you can use them from your phone to restore.
    Back them up on your computer using tinyumbrella and if you want to be even safer copy them to a USB drive or CD/DVD disk.

4. cs0373 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses. I have already saved them with TU - just thought it would be a good idea to have them in ishshit so I could email them to myself and have that second copy in my web hosted email in case my computer dies. I'll just save it to my external hd or a flash drive just to be safe. TU shows them saved but Cydia only shows 4.1 so thought it would be a good idea to have another backup.