iShuffle

gudrun45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I'm thinking about buying an iShuffle, however, I need to know first if it has a "resume" function. In other words, if I don't use the shuffle function but play the tracks in order, the next time I turn it on, will it start back up from where it stopped, or will it start from the beginning?
Thanks!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Shuffle, not iShuffle. :)

It starts from where you had stopped it. It 'resumes' in other words, even after its been turned off for a couple of days...

I have a 1gb one that keeps me sane while commuting.

Comment

gudrun45

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Blue Velvet said:

Sorry about my "goof". I 'm new to Mac Stuff....
And thanks for your answer. Since I'm planning to listening to audio books, the "resume" is important.
I shall go and order one now. :)

Comment

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
gudrun45 said:
Blue Velvet said:

Sorry about my "goof". I 'm new to Mac Stuff....
And thanks for your answer. Since I'm planning to listening to audio books, the "resume" is important.
I shall go and order one now. :)
That werid i have heard a few mac super users(like me) say ishuffle

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
the shuffle is great, lightweight and unobtrusive, when your unplug the headphones it automatically pauses too, resumes where you left off and can toggle between shuffle and normal order at anytime, now i have to go have fun with the new free mini i got

Comment

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
Well, it is officially an iPod Shuffle. I would think that Shuffle would work and (when it is the only iPod being referred to) iPod also works.

But iShuffle? That sounds like my grandmother describing how she walks... "I don't walk, iShuffle." ;)

Comment

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
RacerX said:
Well, it is officially an iPod Shuffle. I would think that Shuffle would work and (when it is the only iPod being referred to) iPod also works.
Actually, it's "iPod shuffle" (not "iPod Shuffle"). :D

Comment

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
CanadaRAM said:
Hmmm. 'd take more than a juicy-fruit sized iGadget (TM) in my case...
:D
Just a stop-gap till either the 80gb iPod turns up or I crack and get the 60gb one within the next 12 weeks or so...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.