Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suhaibjalis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Hi!
My friend bought a the new MacBook for me 5 days ago in Canada and brought it for me.
I just opened and unboxed it today and started setting it up.
During the initial information collection by the system, it wanted to take a picture. At that point in time. the camera was working, but, it suddenly froze 10 seconds later before I could take a picture. I tried to go back and forth but the frame remained frozen. I selected a random picture and moved forward.
After having set up everything, I tried to use the iSight camera with iChat but it did not show the symbol of a camera. When I opened photobooth, it said "No Camera Connected".
I browsed through a few Apple support discussions and checked the "System Profiler" under which there is no iSight camera under firewire.
I tried to reset the SMC but that didn't work either.
Please tell me how to fix this.

P.S. I am currently reinstalling OS X Snow Leopard from the DVD that came with the box. Will that help?
Thanks!

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
P.S. I am currently reinstalling OS X Snow Leopard from the DVD that came with the box. Will that help?
Thanks!

It might work, but I think it's more of a hardware issue. If you can't resolve it, you'll probably have to take it into an Apple store, as the computer appears to be pretty new and as a result, still in warranty period.

suhaibjalis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
okay so reinstalling OS X Snow Leopard didn't help.
So I'll eventually have to take it to an Apple store in my area?
I just hope they dont CHARGE for any service or warranty :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.