iSight camera software - controller

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by frons, Jan 10, 2009.

1. frons macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have bought my brand new macbook a couple of months ago, am very happy about having it. Before, I used windows and there was one thing I'm missing in my mac.

When I use web-based messengers like Meebo (meebo.com), or something similar where you can have video chats, I cannot control my iSight camera. In my previous toshiba notebook I had a built-in camera as well but there was additional software where I could crop the image, zoom it, add some effects like black&white, sepia... I looked around the internet and found apps like iGlasses, CamTwist, CamSpinner, EvoCam but they don't work when I want to broadcast on these sites, some of them work only on apps like PhotoBooth, iChat but not on the websites.

So my question is - do you know any software for iSight built-in-camera which could change the image (crop, zoom, maybe some additional effects) when I broadcast on sites which uses Flash?

Thanks in advance,
    Frons

2. luxxor macrumors newbie

Use older version of iGlasses

I, ve used the new demo of iGlasses too, I had the same problem, all QT apps crashed after a while. I had to delete the preferences files for QT and iGlasses, found in ...user/library/preferences

com.ecamm.iGlasses.plist
    QuickTime Preferences

Later I found the older version of iGlasses v2.1, it works proberly, its a full version.

I use a Logitech QuickCam 9000, it works like a iSight, but has a much higher resolution.